She has been deep breathing more often since the last patch...

Nanako · 2797

Nanako

• The GM

I'll admit we had a couple wipes on the transition from phase 2 to phase 3.  The theory was when the older raiders (playing since vanilla) heard "Deep Breath" called on vent, they shuddered and instinctively ran for the sides, remembering all to well the chaos when learning how to raid on this encounter.  This left some of the other raiders stranded wondering where the hell their healers ran off to. 

Lava waves crashing from the sides with Sartharion are impressive but nothing matches the intensity of leaping lava and praying you don't feared get into Onyxia's cleave let alone her breath.  And don't forget the whelps!  For many of us, this was our first dragon kill nearly 5 years ago.

We tried to appease the gods of server and lag with a traditional gnome sacrifice.  Unfortunately we did it after the battle.  Lucky for us the gods seemed please by our small token effort by dropping only death knight pieces to a raid with no death knights.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:14:17 AM by Nanako »

magilia

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:41:18 AM
Woot! How does it smell like in Onyxia's mouth? Sprig?

Nanako

• The GM
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 08:47:54 AM
I imagine Onyxia's breath would have smelt vaguely of strudels....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:08:56 AM by Nanako »

Chiharu

• Officer
  • Guild
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:52:11 AM
This left some of the other raiders stranded wondering where the hell their healers ran off to. 

*whistles innocently*
Sorry Dharm!

Sprig

• Guild
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 02:24:37 PM
lol omg I love that pic, I want it for my desktop background!

I didn't really smell much in the way of ony's breath cause she wasn't  breathing and...well..I had a little head cold *sniff*