Just like old times, lag included

Nanako · 2330

Nanako

• The GM
on: September 23, 2009, 09:34:56 AM

With the launch of patch 3.2.2, WoW goes retro with the return of Onyxia.  As an added bonus, Blizzard threw crippling server lag to truly recreate the complete vanilla WoW patch day experience.  Count the minutes go by as you try to release from your corpse, watch an entire instance completely freeze as an item is looted (with it appearing in your backpack ten minutes later) and be able to study the loading screen (with the prominently displayed night elf).

Suffice to say we did manage a 10 man Onyxia run before prime time.  Difficulty is on par with the other VoA bosses so expect it to be very puggable.  Just don't waste your good roll on the [wowitem]49294[/wowitem] (at least in 10 mans) since it seems to only give 1-3 gems.  Definitely not the JC equivalent to the [wowitem]46110[/wowitem] from Freya.

I am a bit saddened they couldn't recreate the disappearing instance freefall.  Now that was truly fun!  Good times, good times....

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:51:39 AM by Nanako »

Felort

• Officer
  • Guild
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:36:20 AM
We didnt give them enough time to make the instance disappear.....we were too busy glass chewing the loading screen!

Hawkings

• Officer
  • Guild
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:39:33 PM
In the end I was happy to be able to leave. Not all the old memories wherein I was just happy to see my screen again, but close.

I did want a falling through the world dead...but I guess that won't happen for a bit.