One of our own down...

Nanako · 2975

Nanako

• The GM
on: August 13, 2010, 03:43:33 PM

On August 12, 2010, 8:45pm, one of our members, Scott, better known as Rezerection, passed away from cancer.  In passing he was with his wife, family and many friends.

Rezerection was very passionate and dedicated to our guild.  He truly saw it as an extension of his family.  He was on whenever his time and his health allowed him.  He would help out others with off night runs and participate in our lively guild chat discussions.  He was always the first to greet new members and offer assistance to them, particularly our community members.  He was a very dedicated raider and was always willing to step out of a raid to bring in a needed class for an encounter.  When serving as backup he would often stay on vent to listen in on our raids and offer encouragement.

He wanted his condition to be withheld from the guild.  He wanted no special favors nor did he seek them.  He wanted to enjoy his time playing this game with his family and he went about it with every bit of energy he had.

We were very fortunate as a guild to say our goodbyes before he passed on.  It was very important for him to let us know how much he truly cherished his short time with us.  I believe I can speak for the guild that no words can describe our feelings for that heartfelt sentiment.  Scott will be dearly missed.  Our prayers go out to him and his wife Kristal.

"May peace come and find him.  May serenity lead him to his paradise.  May he know bliss, drink and know no thirst, eat and know no hunger."

Maligoth

• Guild
  • The Norwegian Murder Machine
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:05 PM
This was written for a traditional pen and paper role playing game but the sentiment carries over.

The Empty Chair

Eulogy for a Gamer

There is an empty chair,
at the table this day.
A hallowed place where,
a friend once played.
The roll of his dice,
my ears long to hear.
Or perhaps it would suffice,
if he should suddenly appear.
With character sheet in hand,
and a bag of Cheeze-doodles to share.
All his friends would stand,
as he sat in the empty chair.
I hear his voice a-callin’,
and it ties my heart in a knot.
For he cries, “Though a comrade has fallen,
You must play for those who cannot.”
We conquered worlds on the run,
he and I in the name of fun.
And as others may come and go,
I make both both friend and foe.
But what I long for most,
is our past now long a ghost.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Mencken

Rhonstifor

• Founder
  • Guild
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 01:58:57 AM
/target Rezerection
/salute

Ghoulza

• Guild
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:02:16 AM
It pains me to hear this or even think about this. I remember chatting and speaking with you late night after raids with Patren. We'll all miss you buddy.
And you'll be in our gaming hearts forever.

Riikka

• Guild
Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 02:44:56 PM
I only new them a few weeks but they made the guild a welcome home.  I'll miss them before I could know them more.

Rez will always stay on my friends list till Blizzard removes it.

magilia

Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 11:57:13 PM
My tears fell down when I listened to his speaking on vent.
Once I had a chat with him 2 months ago, he looks like enjoying the game with people, and hope to have more chance to raiding with us.
I will miss him. He is the second person passed away in my WoW life. I really hate to see people leaving game like this.
I will have space for these people in my memory. I will miss you, Rez!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:08:42 AM by magilia »

Luciendare

Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:38 PM
I was shocked when I heard the news from Sprig, it's unfortunate I couldn't of known sooner. This isn't about me, though. It's about Rez.

Too often I find someone in WoW who loves to tank the brightly colored spots on the floor or is a cosmic jerk. Rez was a perfect balance of player and person, capable of handling any task in a raid while being a supportive and close friend.

I was as blessed to have him as a friend as his guild was.

From Kumei and I, we'll miss you, Scott.